Movies on the Square '13
Movie: The Zoo Keeper
Where: Boyson Square in Hiawatha (on Boyson Road behind the New York Life building)
When: Friday May 17th
Time: at dusk (around 8:30 p.m.)
Join us on Friday May 17th for a fun family event at Boyson Square!
Looking for something to do on a Friday night with the kids? Come on out to Boyson Square in Hiawatha for Movies on the Square, where we'll be projecting a movie on the side of the New York Life Building. We'll have a bouncy house for the kids to enjoy as we wait for the sun to go down, so bring your lawn chairs, snacks and a cooler and come early to enjoy a FREE evening of entertainment and fun for the whole family!
*New York Life will also be sponsoring a child identification screening for your children at 7:00 p.m. This is a great opportunity to have your children finger printed and photographed for emergency services.
*Hacap will be present and we invite you to help support them by bringing an optional non-perishable food item to support a very helpful organization in our community.
This FREE event is sponsored by the following generous patrons: Hiawatha Parks and Recreation, Friends of Hiawatha Parks and Recreation Foundation, i107-1 FM, Cedar Rapids General Office of New York Life Insurance co., Hiawatha Bank & Trust, Health Source, Drs. Tyler, Link & Barnes, Shaw Financial Group, REM, Honkamp Krueger, Ahmann Design, Compass commercial Services and Fusion Architects.
Rausch Productions is hooking Hiawatha up a NEW screen. This screen can be used in rain or shine.
Next movie will be July 26th with Wreck It Ralph.
PRESS RELEASE: HIAWATHA STORM DAMAGE CLEANUP SCHEDULED.
The City of Hiawatha has scheduled a Storm Damage Clean-up for downed limbs and branches on Thursday, May 23, 2013 starting at 7:00 a.m.
Limbs and branches should be placed along the curb but not in the street.
PRESS RELEASE: BOYSON ROAD AND ROBINS ROAD CONSTRUCTION WORK
Beginning Monday, May 20, 2013, State 2a of the Boyson Road and Robins Road intersection project will close the north approach of Robins Road. If inclement weather occurs, this closure will be rescheduled for the following week. During this closure, Boyson Road east of the Robins Road intersection (Stage 1) will be reopened to local traffic only. The remainder of the construction closures and schedule are as follows:
· Stage 2b – Close and reconstruct the rest of the intersection beginning 6/4/13 to 6/28/13
· Stage 3 – Reopen Stages 1 and 2a and 2b to all traffic. Close and reconstruct Boyson Road west of Robins Road beginning 7/1/13 to 8/2/13
· Stage 4 – All roads open to traffic. Install traffic signals, sidewalk and seeding beginning 8/6/13 to 8/29/13
When the Stage 2a road closure occurs, businesses adjacent or close to the construction can be accessed by the following routes:
· Hawkeye Convenience Store, 975 Robins Road – Robins Road just south of Boyson Road
· Barton Digital, 111 E Boyson Road – Use marked Boyson Road detour to Terry Avenue. Turn left from Terry Avenue onto E. Boyson Road.
· ABC Disposal, 113 Reynolds Place – Robins Road south of Boyson Road to Reynolds Place
· My Chiro, 137 E. Boyson Road – Use marked Boyson Road detour to Terry Avenue. Driveway is located on Terry Avenue next to the E. Boyson Road and Terry Avenue intersection.
Marked detour routes will be provided with each construction state. Work should be substantially completed in October 2013.