The current Community Center was built in 2007 and opened in April of 2008. It was funded with the support of the community through a bond referendum.
The mission of the center is to provide a beautiful and well-equipped event and meeting place at affordable rates.
It is located on the main floor of the Hiawatha City Hall at 101 Emmons St. It is at the corner of Emmons St. and Center Point Rd. The Center is handicap accessible and features large, clean restrooms and a service kitchen.
Reservations taken in person at City Hall, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Reservations can also be made online by clicking on the following link:
Community Center Online Reservations
- Damage deposit $200 (This must be in the form of a check and be received at City Hall in order to complete your Community Center Rental Reservation.)
- If cancelling a rental, a $50.00 cancellation fee will be withheld. No refund will be issued if cancelled within 72 hours of the function. These hours must also fall in the business week for the cancellation fee to apply.
- Monday - Friday 3:30 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday 5:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- One time block $125
- Additional consecutive block(s) $75
Audio/Video Equipment Rental:
Fee: $40 (effective October 1, 2011)