- If I submit a resume, do I still need to complete the City of Hiawatha application?
Yes, A City of Hiawatha employment application is required for city employment.
Back to Top
Download the Word Document application here.
- Is there anything else I need to submit besides the City application?
Some positions require you to provide a cover letter and resume. See our Job Postings for details. Back to Top
- Will my application be kept on file?
Yes, your application will be kept on file for one year. However, we do ask that you complete an application for each new position you are applying. Back to Top
- How do I apply for a job with the City of Hiawatha?
You may apply for a job in person at City Hall or online in the Human Resources Job Posting. Back to Top
- How do I find out what jobs are open with the City of Hiawatha?
See Job Postings, the local newspaper, and openings posted in City Hall.Back to Top
- How does one become a paid-per-call employee for the Hiawatha Fire Department?
The department continually accepts applications from individuals who are interested in becoming a member of our team. While we are interested in individuals certified as EMS providers and/or Fire Fighter I and II, we will consider all applications and provide training as needed. Back to Top
- How do I file a complaint about a City employee?
To file a complaint about a city employee, contact the City Clerk/Human Resources Department at 319-393-1515 during regular business hours.Back to Top
Search all FAQ's