The Fay M. Clark Hall of Fame Award honors Hiawatha community members who, through their leadership and service, have significantly enhanced Hiawatha and whose efforts contribute to making Hiawatha a great place to live, work and play. The Fay M. Clark Hall of Fame Award will be presented on an annual basis at Hiawatha’s State of the City Address.
The award is named after Hiawatha’s founder and first mayor Fay M. Clark whose entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative efforts led to Hiawatha becoming the 17th incorporated town in Linn County in 1950. We hope to honor Clark’s legacy of hard work, collaboration, and being a good neighbor through this award.
- The honoree must live and/or work in Hiawatha
- Innovation/Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Exemplifies the character of a good neighbor; caring, humble, gives back
- Provides leadership and/or opportunities for collaboration
- Demonstrates commitment to the Hiawatha community
A selection committee will review nominations and select an honoree. The committee will consist of the Mayor, a rotating City Council member, City Manager, City Clerk, and a HEDCO board member.
To nominate a community member, please fill out this form: https://forms.gle/hWCYFqou4SzXKVby6
Nominations are requested by Thursday, August 25.