The City of Hiawatha is celebrating Earth Day by hosting our annual collection/recycling event at the Hiawatha Maintenance Facility located at 1410 Robins Road. This is a chance for all Hiawatha residents to drop off the following items for recycling and proper disposal:
- Household hazardous waste sponsored by Linn County Solid Waste
- Electronic equipment sponsored by Midwest Electronic Recovery
- Documents for shredding sponsored by Heartland Shredding
- Unserviceable flags and purchase of new flags sponsored by American Legion Post 735
- Gently used cell phones to be donated to Cell Phones for Soldiers sponsored by the American Legion Women’s Auxiliary Chapter 735
- Eyeglasses and hearing aids sponsored by the Hiawatha Lions Club
- New or gently used children’s book collection (Reach Out and Read Program) sponsored by the Hiawatha Lions Club and the Unity Point Clinic
- Prescription/medication waste sponsored by Hy-Vee Pharmacy
The 2018 Earth Day event is scheduled for Saturday, April 21, 2018 from 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM. Load up your car and stop down to the Hiawatha Maintenance Facility at 1410 Robins Road.
Please see inserts below for more information.